Friday, January 14, 2011

Today is a random mix of musings!

Hello ya'll!  I'm writing my blog today from my "new room"!  Yesterday I took down the queen size air mattress in the spare bedroom/my room after having 3 sets of family visit us since the middle of December! It was such a blessing to have family here and we made so many fun memories that we will cherish forever. 

Anyhoo, the bedroom has now been cleaned up, bed put away and rearranged so it's more appealing to me as I use it as my workout room/blogging room/picture room, etc.  Pretty much, a room for me to do "my fun stuff"and not have to put it away if I am in the middle of something!  Another one of my goals this year is to get caught up on developing my pics that are downloaded to the computer and put them in photo albums.  What a long process that has been!!  Since I take so many pictures I have tons and tons and it's easy to get behind.  I think my albums are caught up to 2009- GULP!  I have over a year and a half to do!

Part of my problem is not knowing what to do with pictures of my two girls- it was easy when I only took pics of  V because all the pictures went into 1 album.  Now that I have 2 precious girls, I don't know whether to put them in 2 albums which means I have to make 2 of each picture or just put them in 1 and when they are older, they can share them.  What do I do??  Any suggestions out there?  For those of you who have more than 1 child, how did you solve this?  Help me!!!  :)

Here is a pic of me blogging for the first time in my newly done room and my next step is to decorate the walls.  I want to add my personality- if Chad would let me, I would paint the walls yellow or orange, put some fun colored pictures up and really make it say "Sheri"!  But since all the walls in our house were professionally painted in 2 colors- Howard (a chocolate plum) or Cathedral grey (a green/grey)- I don't think that is going to be happening!!  Oh well, I will have to come up with something else. 

Wow, when I look at this table- I really have to fix this tablecloth- it's really crooked! Oh well.  :) 

Here is another random musing- my living room needs help.  Lots of help.  I am asking all of you out there to give me some ideas!  Here is a a few pics of my living room and as you can see, I have a huge wall that has blue tape on it.  No, that's not my problem.  :)  Chad and I put that up there because we were thinking of putting up black shelves and putting a few picture frames on each shelf but we can't decide how to arrange the shelves.  We thought of 2 on one side and 1 on the other, then we came up with one big shelf on the top and 2 small ones underneath.  We are just stuck.  Or, is there another idea for that wall???  Good grief, it's been over 6 months and I can't look at that empty wall any longer!  The previous owners had 3 huge pictures on it and so the anchors are still in the wall! 
In fact, here are a few pics of the living room before we moved in- just a little different style going on!!  Wow!

These people has some expensive taste!  Ours is just a tad ..."boring"?!?
Ok, now for the updated pics of our "boring" room.

Hard to belive it's the same room!!  :)

Can you handle one more random musing??  Here are a few pictures of 2 craft days with H.  Yesterday we made a valentine craft and today was a "cop out"- playing with the animal sounds farm!!  We were just too busy today to bring out all the craft stuff and clean it up so we declared it craft/play time!  I'm sure she thinks it is not as exciting as the real crafts though!  :)

This girl LOVES crafts!!

Picking the glitter and glue off her fingers.



The most precious gift from Heaven above,
Is the gift of a daughter for a mother to love.  
-Dana Roberts Clark

 Please leave a comment with your suggestions!!  When we are done with the rooms I will post the updated pics- I bet you can't hardly wait!  :)

1 comments:

normanblog said...

Im so glad I found your blog!! Look forward to following it.