Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First haircuts!!

Yesterday as I was doing H's hair I decided she needed a haircut.  Her hair grows long in the middle and the back but the sides stay short!  So I decided to give her some bangs- it is so cute!!  It was a little different with V- she didn't have any hair until she was a year and a half and when it grew- it was tons of curls.  I loved it!

These are what my days are made up of- little things that may not seem like much but to me, they are priceless memories that I will always treasure.  There is nothing sweeter and more precious to me than being a mother and I am so thankful to the Lord that I am able to stay home and have my days filled with messes and crafts, reading books together, playing dolls and sharing hugs and kisses.  Oh, there is much more than that but this is what stands out to me.
Then I get to pick up V from school and watch my precious girls run around the house laughing, playing and sometimes fighting!  Then it's time to make dinner and afterwards we get to enjoy family time together around the table.  Oh, the joys of a family are such a gift from God.


This morning after we dropped V off at school we came home and I gave H a bath and cut her hair.  She was not very patient nor tolerant of me repeatedly combing her hair and trying to figure what to cut but in the end it did get done!

This is the before picture-notice her wild and long hair.
  
This is the after!  Doesn't she just look sooo cute!

I put a pony tail in her hair and she wasn't so sure about it!

 She looks so cute with her new little "hairstyle"!

 I found this little envelope in my scrapbooking supplies and thought it was
 perfect for her hair from her first haircut! And of course I had to write all the details so I wouldn't forget!


These are the pictures from when V got her first hair cut!!  December 3, 2002-  she was almost 2 1/2 years old!  H got her first haircut before she is 2 and since H's hair isn't growing curly like V's, I think I am going to have to trim hers a little more.  With curly hair, you can just let it go and it still looks cute!

 Doesn't she look sooo cute?  And I can't believe how much her and H look alike!

 And yes, I kept her first curls also! 


Onto the second part of our morning- craft time!!


Today's craft was painting with foam stamps!





  I would put the stamps on the paper and H would push them down.  She was having a great time and really got into showing me where to put the stamps!  I love seeing her enthusiasm during craft time!


The finished product!  A masterpiece!



0 comments: