Monday, January 24, 2011

Plump Carrot Muffins

Last week my mom told me she made a batch of delicious carrot muffins and I should try them!  She said they were out of the Pillsbury Healthy Baking cookbook- one that we both have.  As I looked up the recipe, I realized it was one I had made often in the past so I decided it was time to make them again!  I would love to share it with you and I hope you enjoy them too.

Plump Carrot Muffins

Mix together the dry ingredients

Shred 1/2 cup of carrots

You will need 1 1/2 t. orange peel

Mix together the wet ingredients, including orange peel and shredded carrots

Now combine the wet and dry together

I made them into mini muffins but the recipe called for a 12 cup muffin pan

Bake them at 375 for 15-18 minutes

Plump Carrot Muffins
1 3/4 c. flour
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 t. baking powder
1 t/ baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. salt
1/2 c. shredded carrot
3/4 c. orange juice
2 T. oil
1 1/2 t. grated orange peel
1 t. vanilla
1 egg
1/3 c. raisins

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray bottoms only of 12 muffin cups . 
In large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt; mix well. 
In small bowl, combine carrot, orange juice, oil, orange peel, vanilla and egg; blend well.  Add to dry ingredients and stir just till dry ingredients are moistened.  Stir in raisins.
Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.  Bake for 15-18 minuts or toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Cool in pan 1 minute; remove from pan.
The recipe doesn't call for frosting but my mom and I both like to add it- just makes them more delicious! 
Just mix together 1 T. melted butter, 1c. powdered sugar and enough orange juice to make it a nice consistency for spreading.  Drizzle over the top.  Mmmmm.
Enjoy!

0 comments: