Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Today was a happy day!

Yesterday morning I woke up with a sore throat and fought hard all day yesterday to keep it away.  I drank Emergen-C all day, ate vitamin c, took my astragulus root caplets and I think I pretty much won! 
And then this morning I discovered that H had a little stuffy nose when she woke up.  Sigh.  So, the fight was on again!  As it stands now-  Cold- 0.  Mom- 2!  :)

This morning after dropping V off at school, we came home and did our usual morning routine.  H watches her Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, I make my vanilla latte and then sit down on the computer to check email/facebook.  Only, this morning as I was getting my coffee, H patted the couch and said "mom, couch!"  So, I grabbed my computer and coffee and settled down next to my precious girl.

The little stinker- I got up for something and
she scooted over to my computer and started
hitting buttons! 

One look at that little smiley face and all is forgotten!

After a little rest with mom and watching "mouse"
     as she calls it I decided she was ok for library
 storytime- she only sneezed twice
and her nose wasn't running at all.

I told her we were going to library
storytime and she said, "no!  I want to
go to church!"  She LOVES going to
her class at church.  I am SO glad!!!

After storytime, we came home and played
a bit before she took her nap.

After V came home from school, they both enjoyed
a little basketball.  On the free basketball hoop.
Yes, you heard me right- FREE!!!  :)
I love finding great deals like that!

As I was making dinner she parked herself in
the kitchen and read a library book.  Too cute!
And wearing my slippers!

Be still my beating heart.
Look at my beautiful girl!
She chose to wear my clothes to youth
group tonight and it is so funny to see
her "looking" like me!

I thank the Lord for her every day!!!!


Since I haven't posted a recipe in a long time,
I thought I would share our dinner with you-
and my oh my, it was delicious!!!  Unfortunately,
Chad thought it was a 'healthy' meal and didn't
give it such 'rave reviews' but
the girls loved it!  :)
 
Homemade foccacia bread......

and Minestrone.  Yummy!!!!


Classic Minestrone
2 carrots, diced
2 celery ribs, sliced
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups chicken broth
1-28 oz. can crushed tomatoes with liquid
Salt and Pepper
1 t. italian seasoning
1 c. small shell pasta or macaroni
1 c. shredded kale or escarole
1-15oz. cannellini or navy beans, drained
Grated parmesan, for serving, optional

Combine carrots, celery, onion and garlic in slow cooker.  Pour in broth and stir in tomatoes, 1/2 t. salt, 1/4 t. pepper and italian seasoning.  Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Thirty minutes before serving, stir in pasta, kale and beans.  Cover, increase heat to high and cook until pasta is tender, about 30 minutes.
Season with salt and pepper.  Serve hot, sprinkled with Parmesan, if desired.

Enjoy!







1 comments:

floofie said...

I love that you love routines. There is no one quite like you, Princess Poopsie!! Oh my goodness, I couldn't believe how GROWN UP Victoria Ashley Rose-Petals looked all dressed up in your clothes:) What a beautiful girl she is! I miss you all fiercely!