Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Where in the world have I been??

What a week we had last week!  I updated my blog last Sunday, the 6th, and disappeared for a whole week!  I have been nursing 2 sick kids, my own sickness and 3 school snow days.  Finally we are all healthy, V is back to school, the snow is melted and gone and it's 70 degrees!  Ahhh, now I can breathe.

And it's Valetine's day!  I get to celebrate with my 2 precious little valentines and my wonderful "big" valentine.  (sorry Chad, didn't know how else to phrase it)   :)
We are going to have a nice dinner together all of us, put the kiddos to bed at the same time and just hang out together. Maybe I can talk him into a couple games of Skip-Bo.  (my favorite game!)

Sorry for the endless amount of pictures in this post but I had so many to share and I need to get caught up. I had so much fun taking them and I hope you have some fun in looking at them. 


This was our "big" snow on friday before the weekend.  It started snowing around 8:30 and by 9:30, school was officially closed for the day!






V made a snow angel and H tried to make one too!  Way too cute.  :)

She couldn't quite get it down so V tried to help her.  H did NOT want her help!

Afterwards, it was time for hot chocolate!

Ok, so the next day was Saturday and it was 41 degrees and sunny.  Beautiful!  So I decided to take V to the Humane Society to volunteer (we do this 1 or 2 times a month).  We got there and it was CLOSED!  The sign on the door said closed because of the inclement weather.  WHAT weather??  So, we went out for ice cream instead and had a great time!



Earlier that day, we had bought this picture and spent the rest of the day hanging pictures and shelves. 


The picture came wrapped in this endless amount of bubble wrap and the girls had so much fun with it!!

This girl loves dancing to the Gaithers as much as I do!!


She also discovered the utensil and silverware drawers and kept herslf busy!





The next day we did our craft time after we picked up V from school and she was able to do it with us!  What a treat to have her making our Valentine pictures with us and just being together.  :)



Tuesday we did our craft time in the morning and used a huge piece of paper to draw on instead of our tiny 8 1/2 x 11.   What fun! 
That night it was supposed to have started snowing so they cancelled school and all church activities for Wed! It didn't start until Wed. morning at 8 but when it did start- it continued all day until 4:30!  And we sure got the snow!  The girls had so much fun outside playing but had to come in when H started screaming.  She wanted her gloves off and then she fell in the snow! :(
She was so patient waiting for V to be done!

Look at how much we got!!
This was right before she fell in!

  The official amount- 5.5 inches!

Backyard- 2/9
Frontyard- 2/9

Backyard- 2/12. It took a little longer to melt this time- it stayed cold for 2 days!!

Frontyard- 2/12

Backyard- 2/14.  70 degrees and snow is all gone!!!  This is awesome!

Frontyard- 2/14.  I don't mind the snow (mostly) because it goes way so fast!  :)

V had 3 snow days from our big snowfall!  She enjoyed being home but was sick for 2 of them.  And the other day, I was sick so she helped me take care of H!  Anyway, she did get out and enjoyed throwing snowballs with the neighbor kids with the tiny bit of snow we had left.

Hannah enjoyed being outside also. 
Sorry about all the pics of H in a hat!  :)  But I thought each of them was so cute in it's own way.  

This is a totally wierd and random pic of V but I loved the way the light shows behind her hair.

Frank loves the warm sun and he is soaking it up!  He is all ready for spring!

happy valentine's day!
Today we listened to Elvis all day and H loves to dance to him too!  You can tell she hangs with me all day- as soon as she hears the Gaithers or Elvis- she runs to me and wants to dance.  That is what she is doing here- it's a slow Elvis song and she is "in the groove".  LOVE it!!
It was a full day- H and I went to V's school valentine party.  Then we came home and started dinner- steak on the grill, parmesaen potatoes and peas.  And for dessert- a homemade strawberry cake.  I call it the Leaning tower of Pisa- it was a 3 layer cake and all 3 layers stuck in the round cake pans after baking.  It was a mess!  The neighbor girl was over and said to me- "since you ruined all those cakes, can you just give them to me!"  :)  I just let them cool and tried to put them together.  It looks terrible but it sure tasted good. 

 Ok, that sure looks terrible!  It was strawberry cake with fresh strawberries in the frosting! Delicious but a mess!!  Ok, draw your eyes away from that and focus on something else.  :)  I sure love this picture with my 2 beautiful and precious girls.  I am SO blessed!!
All afternoon, I led V to believe she wasn't getting any Valentine gifts.  She was NOT a happy girl but I wanted to surprise her during our delicious dinner.  When I came out with this, her eyes were huge!!  The two boxes were from my sister/mom and Chad's mom.  The small bags on top were from Chad and I.  We had a really fun night!   

As you can see, it ended well with a big smile on her face!  But she was a little disappointed- she was hoping for a kitty.  :)

Hope you had a happy valentines day too!! 


 
  


0 comments: