Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Random Musings

These are just random musings over the past 2 days.  And yes, it's from a happy housewife! :)

Yesterday  H
and I went to the park for a picnic
and some fun. Only it's not so much
fun when your mom is sitting at the picnic
table eating her delicious Panera and you have
to sit on one end of the teeter totter waiting
for her to be done!  :) 

Her favorite thing- the slide!

Every day H and I go out and get the mail.
First, she has to look both ways to make sure
there are no cars, then she walks to the mailbox,
stands on her tip toes to open it up and pulls out
the mail, shuts it and proudly walks back in
the house carrying it.  Then she dumps it on the floor
and proceeds to sort through it and open whatever
she thinks is addressed to her! On this particular
day, there was a card from her Auntie Sara
(addressed to me) but she declared it was hers.
So she opened it, "read it" to me, went and colored
it and has carried it around everywhere with her for
the past couple days.  And I mean everywhere.  Into
her bed for naptime, she asks about it before bed
and it goes to the store with us too.  Precious!!

Yesterday, H (who loves to get her nails painted) decided
she wanted them done.  So, she went and got the tray out of
the closet, set it down on the carpet, sat there and called for V
to come and paint her nails.  :)  The only problem is that
H LOVES to have each nail painted a different color
and that drives V NUTS!!  She hates opening a different color
10 times.  And watch out- when she (H) paints your nails,
you will get exactly the same!

These girls argued over and over- V didn't want her nails
painted a different color but that is H's "specialty"!  :)
Translated: that's all that girl will do!

The past 2 days, we have had quite the treat.... daddy has
come early in time for dinner!!  Yesterday, I made one of his
favorite dinners (not knowing he would be home early) and I
also made ice cream for dessert!  We were enjoying our
homemeade butter pecan ice cream.  Yummy!!

Daddy + homemade ice cream=
a perfect night!!!!!

Lately I have mentioned how picky my little H is and
last night she ate all her dinner plus the ice cream!
And I was thinking she was going to pick out the pecans
in the ice cream but nope- she ate it all up and fast!
She was so happy to have him home that she must
not have thought about being picky.  ha!


This girl has "graduated" from always wanting to play
the ipod to now always wanting the ipad. 
I play Sirius radio through my ipad every morning while
I am getting ready (either Elvis or Southern
gospel!)  and when I am making lunches I set it on the bar.
Well, H saw this up there, pulled up a chair, stood up on it
and proceeded to play her games!  That girl, I tell ya!!

This morning, V had a presentation with her Spanish class
after chapel which H and I attended.  It was so fun to hear her
sing praise songs in Spanish plus many other songs!!
Can you find her?  See the girl in the back, middle in the
blue?  Well, count down two to the right and V is in the gray shirt.

After watching V, we came home to clean up
the house and have a tea party.  H discovered
V's tea set last week and since then, at least
5 times a day, she has tea parties.  She sets
everything up and tells us all to come and drink
our tea.  Too cute!!  Except, she has broken 3 pieces
by dropping them but she always says "I sorry"
and then continues to play.  :)  V isn't too happy
but I'm hoping I can glue them back together!

Then, we were off to library
storytime to learn about bugs!
She learned specifically about
caterpillars and the craft was making
a bug jar.  Too cute!!!

I never know how much she truly
remembers about the topics at
storytime but I sure found out today!
As soon as we went outside, she
immediately went over to the plants
and told me she was searching for
caterpillars!!  I couldn't believe it!

Searching for some here....

and here!  And she claims she found
some which I think were just sticks.  :)

She got really into it!!!!

And outside the library, they have
a butterfly garden and today we
found one!  It was sitting on top of
the rock!  Can you see it??

During library storytime, we discovered her
flip flops were breaking (because that's the
only pair of shoes this girl wears!)  So we went
to Old Navy to buy some more and thankfully
they still were selling them so she got 2 new pairs! 
We haven't been to the mall in ages so it was fun to go!

Then we came home and she played with Gage.
They played with chalk on the driveway and
drew pictuers.  Actually she drew polka dots
and he drew me dinosaurs!



Well, hope you enjoyed my "random musings". 
Happy wednesday!!

































0 comments: