Tuesday, May 1, 2012

So, after two wonderful years of living down South, we are moving back up North.  Uggh, it's still hard to say that!  Yes, there are many wonderful blessings that are going to result of our move but, please let me whine here a bit... I don't want to move!!!  I am NOT ready for snow and cold.  I don't mind the HOT HOT summers.  Well, this summer I might've minded a bit more since I will be finishing out the last 3 months of my pregnancy!  And our church, oh my, we sure LOVE our church and our friends!!!  It will be so hard to leave them.  And I'm not real excited about V moving to a new school- in 7th grade.  But I know God will take care of her, just like He did when we moved down here and blessed her with many friends and an awesome youth group.  Ok, I'm done.  Now, onto the blessings we will have when we move.  My dear darling  husband will be home more often!!  That is so exciting to all of us- we sure have missed him a LOT this past 2 years with his crazy hours at work!  Especially with a new baby on the way, I would love to have him home more!  I will need HELP!  :)  Plus, we will be closer to family, mine and his.  That will be such a treat- to be able to spend holidays with family really excites me!  And it's always fun to get a "new" house.  Of course, I have my list of things that I am looking for in a house- wonder how much of that list will get checked off.  Since that is my "job"- caring for the home, that is always a really big thing to me.  God sure knocked our socks off with our house we have now- I'd have to say pretty much all of my list was checked off!
This past 2 years has had some pretty significant changes happen to us and many many new memories were made down here.  Numero uno- my dream of living down South came true!!!  What a dream it has been!  :) One of the reasons I wanted to move down here is because of the weather.  It is amazing!!  Yes, the summers are hot but the winter, spring and fall are amazing!!  And I joined my first Bunco group and I loved it!!!  I already loved playing Bunco so the added bonus was getting together with my friends once a month.  So. Much. Fun!!  Also,  I ran my first 5K!  In fact, I was able to up that to 2-5K's I ran down here!  And God brought me the best running group ever!  But I have to say, after I ran my second, I couldn't get "back into running" at 5 am and then I got pregnant!  So, maybe I will have to pick up that again after this baby!  And I started blogging- that was such a fun outlet for me because I love writing, photography and cooking.  I was able to combine all 3 with my blog and also keep our families up to date on pics of the girls. 
V had a great 2 years of 5th and 6th grade and started playing basketball, soccer and she was on the swim team for the summer!  H has become quite the little cheerleader for V in all the sports she plays!  Lets hope the next little baby Pope enjoys watching her 2 big sisters play sports as well! And she truly enjoys her friends at school and her youth group and for that, I am so thankful. She has grown up into quite the little lady the past 2 years! 
And Chad has done an awesome job at work making changes, improving things there and leaving "his mark" which he truly enjoys.  He really loves those he works with but is really ready for a change- from working 14-18 hours/day to 10-12 hours.  We are all so very proud of him though- what an example of a hard worker and a committed employee he is! 
So, that brings us to today.  This past weekend we spent the entire two days outside getting the yard ready so we can sell the house.  I wonder, why does it take us getting ready to move, to do the landscaping we have wanted to do for the past 2 years?  So, now someone else can enjoy it?!?  Oh well, that is usually how we get those certain house projects done.  We worked on the front yard and the back- we didn't finish it but we did get a lot done!

Here is one side of the back stairs.  Pretty sad mess, huh!
We bought a Greenlace Japanese maple for that spot plus
3 small shrubs.  It didn't get done this weekend though so
this is still what it looks like.

This is to the right of the stairs- I wish I remembered
to get a before shot but I didn't!  Anyway, we did get it
almost done and it looks really good!

The girls had a great time digging for worms-
actually V had a great time and H wouldn't touch
them because she didn't want to get her hands
dirty.  This girl is more like me every day!  :)
So, she just enjoyed being with her big sister
and it was so fun to watch them together!

Gross!!!  A worm!!!

She just enjoyed digging.

I love this pic of her! 



Awwww.

So, it still needs the edging but other than that, it's done!

Daddy and his little helpers.

Now we are in the front yard.  We didn't finish this side
(it's to the left of the front door) but we did get the bushes
dug out and bought a few new ones to add.  We have
bought them but ran out of weekend to finish it!

And this is to the right of the door.  The only
spot we did finish!  Cleaned out the old mulch,
put in fresh new mulch and trimmed the
bushes.  Looks waaay better!!

And to end our busy weekend and our Sunday,
God blessed us with this beautiful
sunset!!!!!!!

Thank You, Lord, for family, togetherness,
hard work, a beautiful weekend, and
a job well done! 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sheri. Been thinking about you wondering how you are doing. Where are you guys moving to? Back to MN perhaps? So excited to hear about baby #3 on the way. Thinking back to all of the prayers we have prayed. Praise God!