Sunday, March 13, 2011

A trip to the zoo!

Yesterday was a perfect day.  It started out with a early 6:30 am run with 2 of my friends because I got this idea to run another 5K this May!  I can't believe it- I wasn't a runner before at all but now I like it.  I like it MUCH more when it's with other people though!  In fact, this group that I am running this 5K with is running every morning at 5am.  GULP!!  What have I gotten myself into?  Plus, I've quit drinking coffee this past week and now I won't have my latte to look forward to when I get tired later in the morning. Hmm, something is telling me I am doing good to my body by running daily and giving up my coffee habit- I just hope I feel it!

Then later in the afternoon, it was 74 and sunny so we decided to go to the zoo!  We purchased a zoo membership which I am so excited about so I can bring the girls whenever we want to go!  I know H and I will go a lot this spring- she really enjoyed seeing the animals and running around.  And when V is on summer break, we will be there often too!

When we first got there H was running around so V carried her to the different exhibits.

Trying to see the penguins.

And the fish too.  :)


Look, we found the penguins!!

H didn't quite know what to do- she thought she was supposed to climb through the holes! :)

The cutest little penguin around!

Isn't this just beautiful?!?

Ok, this isn't quite as beautiful.  In fact, I found it quite an unattractive animal but
the anteater sure is an interesting creature!  God sure is creative!!


I am the proudest and happiest mom in the world!!!

This was taken last year in April when we were here
 for our house hunting trip. Note how much taller V is!!

Another one of God's beautiful creation.

  And another one.  :)









And this was taken April of last year too!  It's so funny that V is wearing the same t-shirt!!  But note how much smaller H looks- she had just turned 1 year old.  In the picture from this year, she is almost 2!



Hope you enjoyed visiting the zoo with us! 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE!!! Miss you guys!!! From Treders

Princess Poopsie said...

Thanks guys!! Miss you too!