Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Turtle Fudge Chocolate Chip Cookies

My wonderful neighbor brought us a plate of delicious, warm out of the oven cookies last week.  Thankfully she brought the recipe with her because I would've called her up and asked her for it!
It is too good not to share with all of you!!!

Turtle Fudge Chocolate Chip Cookies
5 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1/4 c. butter
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (7.4 oz.) pkgs. Martha White Chocolate Chip Muffin Mix 
2/3 c. chopped pecans (if you want to)
48  Hershey's kisses- caramel  (I used mint and they were delicious!!!)

Heat oven to  350 degrees.  Coat large cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray. 
Microwave chocolate and butter in uncovered large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH for 2 minutes or til butter is melter.  Stir until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.  Stir in sweetened condensed milk.  Stir in muffin mix until completely blended.

Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls.  Dip bottoms into pecans (if using).  Place on cookie sheet with nut side up, 2" apart.  Bake 9-10 min. or just until cookies looked slightly cracked and centers are still soft.  Immediately press a caramel candy into center of each cookie. 

Place on wire rack.  Swirl chocolate gently with knufe while candy is warm, if desired.  Cool.

I had the pleasure of making these with a houseful of neighbor kids in my house plus Chad.  I added him because he is as bad as the kids if not worse!!  They couldn't wait to eat some so when they were ready, I put some on a plate and sent the kids outside.  Chad kept sneaking in the kitchen and taking them off the cooling rack!  He LOVES his cookies so it was fun to bless him with those.  I have to say, they did not last long in our house though!  I wasn't able to bring any to my neighbor as a thank you- I'll have to do that next time.  So, in advance, thank you Debbie!!!



Mmmm- don't these look good. 
Enjoy!!
  

0 comments: