Wednesday, August 17, 2011

First day of 6th grade!!

Ok, I need you to pretend with me.  Pretend that V started 6th grade just yesterday and forget that it was last friday.  Ok, you with me now?  Oh good, thanks!!  I have been so excited to do this post but I have been so busy the past 5 days, that I haven't found time to do it!
So, that brings me to now.  V just started 6th grade "yesterday" and she started a new school, again.  Last year she started a new school because we had just moved down South and this year is because we think it's a better school academically.  It was really hard for me to move her because God had given her such an amazing year in 5th grade with friends, teachers, etc., but I trust that we made the right decision and that He will provide for her again.  And in fact, He has already!  She made 2 new friends the week before she even started at the 6th grade meet and greet pool party!  We drove home from MN last monday (we left there at 1 am and got home around 5:30 pm),  ate dinner, unpacked a bit, took showers and left for the pool party at 8 pm.  We were exhausted!!  But God blessed her with 2 good friends that night and I even met a new friend too!  God is GOOD!!!

Every year we take a first day of school picture in front of our house and always try and take one when she gets to school.  I thought it would be fun to post them here so you could see how much she had changed over the past 7 years!

Kindergarten

Her first day of school breakfast.
She is sooo stinkin cute!!!  :)


I think someone is a little sad!!

She is so grown up!

It was sooo hard to leave her and I cried a lot!
Chad surprised me and took the morning off of
work and took me out to breakfast because he knew
I would be a mess!  What an awesome husband!!!

 First grade

Ok, don't know what happened to 1st grade
first day of school pics!  I couldn't find them
but this was taken during the first couple of
months of first grade.  We went out to ice cream
with friends from school.

Second grade

Second grade! 
Poor Chad, he wasn't too happy about
taking a picture in his robe but what can
I say, we have to take our first day of school
pics and he wasn't ready!  :)

I LOVE this girl!!!



Third grade



She now gets a locker!!

I CAN'T believe she is in 3rd grade already!!


Fourth grade

Ok, messed up again somehow.  Can't find the
4th grade first day of school pics!  What's going on?!?
Anyway, this was us at the MN state fair just days before
she started 4th grade. 

And this is the first year she starts school as a big sister!!


Fifth grade


Here she is starting 5th grade at a new school
for the first time!  We had just been here for
two months and she is already starting!



She is so brave!  She was barely nervous
and thankfully God did provide a couple of
really good friends who were in her SS class
as well as her 5th grade class!



Sixth grade

Oh my, she looks sooo grown up!!!

I don't think I will ever find a more proud momma
than myself!!!!  I am SO blessed.  :)

My precious dearest V,
I am sooo proud of you and I love you with all of my heart.
Your love for God, your family and others is amazingly strong and
you find ways to show it every day.  Thank you for being you!!!
Love,
your mom



























0 comments: