Thursday, October 21, 2010

Chocolate chip cookies in honor of my dear husband home from his work trip!

Today as H was napping, I looked through a couple of cookbooks wondering what I should make.  I thought muffins, scones, carrot cake, coffee cake but nothing "hit me" as the right thing!  Then I thought of how happy I was that Chad was home and one of his favorite things I make is my chocolate chip cookies.  I have been making this recipes for years and it has been a favorite among family, friends, neighbors and Chad's coworkers!!  I have also made them for his work trips and he has brought a tupperware full of them all the down to Alabama from MN! I love blessing others with my baking, no matter where they are.  :)


First, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy and then add vanilla and an egg.

Next, combine the dry ingredients and beat in with the butter/sugar mixture.


Now add your chips.  I added chocolate chips and mint chips- I chose the mint because I know how much V loves mint.  But after I added them and smelled them, I remembered how much I  LOVE mint too!  Usually I don't have a problem not eating these but with the mint???  Not going to be so easy! 

Spoon onto ungreased baking sheets and bake at 375 for 10 minutes.  When I lived in MN, I cooked them for 10 minutes exactly and they were perfectly browned.  When I moved to AR, in my new oven I have to cook them 13-14 minutes!  So just watch them after 10 and learn how long they take in yours.  Then take them out and let them sit for 1 minute. 






Now sit down, take a couple of cookies and pour yourself a big glass of milk.  Then grab a magazine, put your feet up and eat one.  It's a good thing you grabbed a couple before you sat down because you are going to want another and now you don't have to get up!!  :) 





Here are some pictures of someone who thinks these cookies are just the best!!  I bet you will have a smile just as big on your face after you taste one too.  :)


Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
2 t. vanilla
1 egg
2 1/4 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Add vanilla and egg; mix well. 
Mix together dry ingredients in medium bowl.  Gradually add to the butter mixture.
Stir in chocolate chips.  Spoon onto ungreased baking sheets and bake at 375 for 10 minutes (or until lightly browned).  Take them out and let sit for 1 minute before putting on cooling racks.  Enjoy!



0 comments: