Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Did you think I forgot how to bake??

Sorry for the goofy title but I though it was a bit appropriate since I haven't baked anything in about a month!  When I started this blog back in October, it was mainly for baking/cooking and the occasional pics of my family.  Well, lately that has not been the case!  It has been more of family and no baking- but I'm back!!  :)
I was in a bit of a "funk", working through some things I guess you could say, but thanks to the Lord and His joy and strength- I am "up and running agan!!  :)
Yesterday, I decided I needed to make my family some good healthy snacks so I decided to make them Spiced Applesauce Bread.  It was very easy to make (as most quick breads are!) and very delicious too!

Spiced Applesauce Bread

In a large bowl, combine the "wet" ingredients.

Next, sift together the dry ingredients into the same bowl.
I don't normally sift my dry ingredients but if it tells me to sift- I figured I better!  :)

Now mix it together until it's nice and smooth. 

Now pour the batter into a greased loaf pan. The recipe doesn't call for a little
sprinkling of sugar on top but my family likes it so I do it.  Makes a nice little "crust".
Then bake it at 350 degrees for 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Mmm, doesn't that look so good?  Let me tell you- it is!!!
In fact, it's so good I am eating a piece while typing this!  :)


Spiced Applesauce Bread
1 1/4 c. applesauce
1 c. white sugar (I'm sure you could decrease this and it would still be good)
1/2 c. oil
2 eggs
3 T. milk
2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
1/2 t. allspice
1/4 t. salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease a 9X5 loaf pan.
In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, sugar, oil, eggs and milk; beat well.  Sift in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt; stir until smooth.  Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.

Enjoy!!!






0 comments: