Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April fools!!

I know this is late but I thought it was too good of a day to pass up and not write about.  Typically, we don't do much for april fools day- mostly because we forget!!  And this day started like any other year.  It was getting to afternoon and I still hadn't figured out a good april fools joke to play on my family.  So I thought I would let this one slide also.
That was before V got in the car after school.  She got in and told me she had a surprise for me and daddy.  She pulls out her folder and hands me a slip of paper.  This is what it was....

A signed (by the teacher) demerit slip!!  For excessive talking and cutting class.  I was not too pleased and couldn't figure out how my precious little V could do something like this!  I said "are you serious?"  She finally caved in after a minute or so and said "April Fools"!!!  She got me good!!!  :)

Well, now we were on our way to pick up Chad (he was at the car dealer dropping off my truck) and we planned the whole way there how to get Chad with this april fools joke. So we met Chad there, got in the car and V was sitting behind him.  She said "dad, I have something for you".  She handed it to him up front, keeping her head down. He looked at it, was very quiet and controlled and said "V, how did this happen?"  She said "I'm sorry daddy."  
 I was trying to not to bust a gut because I could see he was seething inside but outwardly he was very calm.  Kudos to you babe!!  :) 
We let this go on for a couple minutes and I thought it might not be good for his heart to let this go on much longer so I said "april fools Chad!"  It took him a couple minutes for it to sink in- I think there was so much pressure built up inside his head that didn't get a chance to get out!  hee hee
Here it is a couple of days later and I still don't think he can laugh about it yet!  :)

Well, she sure got us but we got her back good!  That night we were going out and her and H were going to church for childcare.  We told her originally she was going to go out with us but we had changed our minds.  She was NOT a happy camper!!  Then we dropped H off and told her we were going to bring her to the youth room so she could hang out with the youth.  She was NOT at all happy about that, she said she just wanted to go and sit with H and the babies.  Boy, was she was a grump!!  So when she was getting out of the car to go up to the youth, I asked her for a kiss good bye and she almost didn't give me one. Then, Chad said "april fools!!!   You are going bowling with us tonight!!".  She immediately turned around and started crying.  I felt terrible but after a couple seconds of that she looked at me and said "april fools mom!!"  :)

So, I think I will have to start planning next years right now!  How am I going to top those???

my beautiful V

getting ready for some fun!

I sure love this girl!!!!

I think daddy feels the same way  :)

Notice the scores- Chad won, V in second place and me in third!
That was the first game.

Now notice the scores for the second game-
Mom first, Dad second and V a close third!  Oh yeah!!!

What a fun evening with our precious V- it was the first time the 3 of us went
out since H was born. I know she had a fun time too.  :)


 

0 comments: