Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My oh my how time flies!!

I can't believe I haven't blogged in a couple weeks- it sure has been a busy couple weeks though!!  We were blessed with family visiting us last week- they were our first visitors since we moved here!  Very exciting for us.  I had these great plans of blogging about Christmas baking, asking you what you loved to bake for the Christmas season and as you can see- I'm a little late in doing that!  Oh well, all that matters is that I am doing in now. 
So, what is your favorite thing to bake/eat during the Christmas season?  Do you get into the baking or do you just like to eat it?  :)  I used to bake tons during Christmas.  Since I LOVE to bake, for me, it was an excuse to be able to make huge amounts of cookies/bars!  Then I would send it to my dear husband's work for the Christmas party and usually it was eaten up.  My highest was 14 different kinds of cookies one year.  But, as the kids get older and responsiblilties get more and I get older (can't stay up as late as I used to!!) , my baking isn't as much of a priority as it once was.  Kind of makes me sad, now that I think about it.
A couple of weeks ago I made some delicious chocolate chip cookie bars and I wanted to share the recipe with you.  Hopefully, in the next couple days I will be doing some baking- we have some more family coming next week for Christmas.  I am so excited!!!


In large bowl, combine brown sugar, white sugar, butter and shortening; beat til light and fluffy.

Add egg and vanilla.


Blend well. 

Add flour, baking soda and salt,; mix well.


Stir in chocolate chips.  I used the chocolate chunks for something a little different!


Spread dough in ungreased 13x9.  Bake at 375 for 15-25 minutes or until light golden brown.  Cool completely and then cut into bars.  (I doubled the recipe so we could have some for our trip up north and also V's class party.)

Mmmm, don't these just look sooo good!!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 sugar
1/4 c. butter, softened
1/2 c. shortening
1 1/2 t. vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. salt
1 c. (or more!) semisweet chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  In large bowl, combine brown sugar, sugar, butter, shortening and beat until light and fluffy.  Add vanilla and egg, blend well.
Add flour, baking soda and salt; mix well.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Spread dough in ungreased 13x9 inch pan.  Bake at 375 for 15-25 minutes or until light golden brown.  Cool completely.  Cut into bars.
Enjoy!!

0 comments: