Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Florida!!

One of our favorite family vacations is Disneyworld!  Since we live "so close" to it we decided to drive and stop at the beach first.  So we spent the weekend at West Palm Beach and had a great time!  Then we drove to Disneyworld and spent the rest of the week there.  Last time we went, V was 7 and she was the only child.  This time H was with us and it was a little different- plus, I was pregnant!  So, there were some rides I had to sit out with H and some rides V and Chad took her on but despite the differences, we all had an absolutely fantastic time!!

On our way to the beach, I had Chad stop at a roadside
garden/gift shop.  H wanted to buy some flowers and we had
a hard time convincing her that they wouldn't last the week
in the car until we got home!

Stopped in Pensacola for some dinner before we got to our hotel!

We made it just as the sun was setting.
What a beautiful sunset we enjoyed!

I woke up early the next morning and ran outside to take some pictures
before everyone woke up.  Our room was right on the beach
and it was so fun to step right outside and have this at my doorstep!

This was the bridge you had to cross to get to the beach from
the pool and the courtyard. 

After I snapped a few pics by myself,
I went in and got the girls so we could look
for shells.  Here they were on the way to
shell hunting!



They had so much fun together! 

V got really into it and spent a half hour looking
but H was done after about 15 min. 


So she just sat next to me and covered me with sand while
we waited for V to be done.  Then we went inside to put
on our swimsuits and come back out on the beach for the day!




H wasn't so sure about the water but
she was fine as long as V was holding her!

She enjoyed making sandcastles out of "snow".
She refused to call it sand- she insisted it was snow!
She also said she wanted to make snowmen.  Silly girl!


We asked her if she wanted to be buried in the
                                                            "snow" and she said yes until we started putting
it on her legs.  Then she decided it wasn't for her!

She decided she would just hold V's hand
while we buried V in the sand.

It was so funny- she was V's "protector!"

V is such an amazing big sister.  She took H in the water
every time she asked (which was a lot!!)  I am so
incredibly blessed to have such amazing girls.
Thank You, God!!

We also buried Chad!  They wanted me to take a turn but
I said, "no way!!"

H didn't want to be buried but that didn't stop her from burying
daddy!  She thought it was so much fun!

He actually laid there and took a nap for quite a while!

After we ate lunch on the beach, I laid H down for a nap
and Chad and V ran to Wal-Mart for a few items we forgot.
This pic is taken right after I woke her up- she was so tired
from playing outside all morning and also a little sunburned!



The end of a wonderful day at the beach!!
(I wish V was in this pic but she was taking the picture!)

Tomorrow we begin the second half of our vacation-
on to Disneyworld!!!

0 comments: