Friday, September 9, 2011

Yummy coffee cake

I don't know about you but as far as breakfast goes, if it's not cereal we eat, then it's probably waffles or pancakes.  So, last saturday I decided we needed a much needed break from the usual and I pulled out a coffee cake recipe I got last summer from my friend Michelle. She made it for playgroup and it was so yummy that I had to have the recipe!
I wanted to share it with you- it's Aunt Clarabelle Canner's coffee cake recipe for those of you who know her or might already have it!

Clarabelle Canner's coffee cake
3/4 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 1/3 c. flour
1 t. salt
1 t. nutmeg
3/4 c. oil
Mix the above ingredients  and take out 1 c. mixture and set aside for topping.

Ok, I forgot to add the oil when I mixed them together
so this is what it looks like before the oil.

And this is what it looks like if you've done it correct.  :)

To the mixture (after you've taken out the cup) add:
1 egg
1 t. baking soda
3/4 c.- 1 c. buttermilk
1 t. baking powder
Mix that all together and put it in a 9X13 pan.
Put the cup mixture you set aside on top of the batter in the
pan and pat it lightly with a back of a spoon.
Now, bake it at 350 degrees for 30=40 minutes or until
toothpick comes out clean.

I added about 2 c. of mixed berries -
which is why it is such a "purpley" color!

It is soooo good though!!  :)

You can see H is enjoying it!!

Enjoy!








0 comments: