Saturday, June 11, 2011

V's first swim meet!!

Today was V's first swim meet!!  It was so fun to watch her compete and do something she's never tried before. When I walked in I started to cry and when she started to swim, I found out Chad shed a few tears also!  I tell ya, we had to be the proudest parents there!!

Chad brought V there at 7 am so she could practice. 
The meet started at 8 and that's when H and I went.
Here they are on their way- I think she was a bit nervous!

Her first heat was the freestyle.  Look at her diving in!!

She just finished her first 25 yard run,
now she is starting back for the second 25.

Look at my girl!!!!
I am so proud of her- I'm tearing up just
typing this and looking at her swimming again.  :)

While we waited in between heats, we sat in
the gym with all the other parents and swimmers.  It's
actually quite fun.  Here they are enjoying a snack together.



Here she is ready to start her second heat- the backstroke.

Look at her go!!



She is in the middle lane finishing up!

One very proud daddy!!!


This is what all the swimmers write on themselves- 
first column is her strokes she is competing in,
second is the heat she is swimming in and
the third column is the lane she is in.
She swam freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke.

Here she is ready to swim her last heat- the breast stroke.

That's my girl!
What a fun morning we had cheering her on and
watching her compete.  I am so blessed!!!

V has swim practice 4 mornings and 4 evenings
every week.  In the mornings, it's at the outdoor pool
and they have a kiddie pool where H swims while waiting
for V to be done. What a fun summer we are going to have!!

She LOVES swimming!!  :)

We set up the pool because my family is coming
next week for a weeklong visit!  We blew it up last night
and this morning we woke up to this- a half deflated pool.
I don't think H minds though.  She just filled it up
and played in it anyway!!  :)

1 comments:

Carl said...

Great pictures. Thank you